
Well,,
You could ask "How in the world could this guy think he is blessed??" . If you have kept up on my wife's blog you might wonder "what is going on?" "It seems as though they're being singled out and picked on?." Sometimes I wish there were a crystal ball we could look into and see some answers to all of our questions and problems, but quite frankly, God has them all and has always made His hand very clearly visible throughout all of our trials and troubles.. Not that I would call what we have, "Perfect Peace", but a peace that only God can provide through these times.. I know we have allot of growing to do, and perhaps when we have "grown-up" we can attain that perfect peace,,,.... O.K., for sure in heaven,,,...
There are many things in my life that have not worked out the way that I planned or dreamt of, but I would never trade this life for a perfect dream-life...
Here is a taste of God's work.
In 2002, I was living the dream, On December 7, 2002, I was married to my high school sweetheart of five years... Suddenly "we" were living the dream! After five years of dating, we finally could be married!!! God had blessed us and blessed us.. In July 2004 we had our first of two kids, Kira Payton Beck. Life was great!!! A few short months later, we were expecting our second, Preston Micheal Beck. He had a December 2005, due-date.. ahhhhhhh!!!! Of all the months it was going to be December... December 4,2005, he was born.. In the end we didn't care what month,,, he was here!!
In that spring of 2006, the journey was about to begin.. I had taken an opportunity for a part-time position at U.P.S. A few months later, I had developed some mysterious medical issues and didn't have insurance to go to a doctor. I had started this job with U.P.S. in May 06', and had no idea that the timing was so perfect.... By July of 06' I was struggling to walk a straight line, stand up straight, or see things clearly... It was clear something had to be done... Fearing a brain tumor or something life threatening, we decided to at least go see an eye-doctor.. After looking into my eyes, he determined there were no tumors.. Our minds were realing!! What then? He left the room and came back shortly.. We were asking ourselves "what now"?
At that time he suggested M.S. He then asked, "How long until you will have insurance?" We knew that we would be covered soon and I had been talking to the HR department for some time trying to get a dfinate date. I had come up with nothing in stone... This part-time job God had provided required only 32hrs a month for so many months to recieve insurance..... We rescheduled an appointment for a few weeks later and he would then use the words "M.S.",, but,,
only after we had for certain received insurance... August 1, 2006, were covered. August 13, I had my first MRI.. It was M.S.
Our world was flipped upside down... God has had nothing but perfect timing on this whole path and He has shown His hand in all that we have been through..
We know that God will protect us and guide us though everything... And as a wise man had told me throughout those tough times "God's grace is sufficient.." We haven't made it to the point of rejoicing through tribulation, but we sure rejoice after God shows his hand in all things.. I hope God can use us to build beleivers faith, and to show non-beleivers, so clearly, the evidence of God.
2 Corinthians 12:9
And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.
You could ask "How in the world could this guy think he is blessed??" . If you have kept up on my wife's blog you might wonder "what is going on?" "It seems as though they're being singled out and picked on?." Sometimes I wish there were a crystal ball we could look into and see some answers to all of our questions and problems, but quite frankly, God has them all and has always made His hand very clearly visible throughout all of our trials and troubles.. Not that I would call what we have, "Perfect Peace", but a peace that only God can provide through these times.. I know we have allot of growing to do, and perhaps when we have "grown-up" we can attain that perfect peace,,,.... O.K., for sure in heaven,,,...
There are many things in my life that have not worked out the way that I planned or dreamt of, but I would never trade this life for a perfect dream-life...
Here is a taste of God's work.
In 2002, I was living the dream, On December 7, 2002, I was married to my high school sweetheart of five years... Suddenly "we" were living the dream! After five years of dating, we finally could be married!!! God had blessed us and blessed us.. In July 2004 we had our first of two kids, Kira Payton Beck. Life was great!!! A few short months later, we were expecting our second, Preston Micheal Beck. He had a December 2005, due-date.. ahhhhhhh!!!! Of all the months it was going to be December... December 4,2005, he was born.. In the end we didn't care what month,,, he was here!!
In that spring of 2006, the journey was about to begin.. I had taken an opportunity for a part-time position at U.P.S. A few months later, I had developed some mysterious medical issues and didn't have insurance to go to a doctor. I had started this job with U.P.S. in May 06', and had no idea that the timing was so perfect.... By July of 06' I was struggling to walk a straight line, stand up straight, or see things clearly... It was clear something had to be done... Fearing a brain tumor or something life threatening, we decided to at least go see an eye-doctor.. After looking into my eyes, he determined there were no tumors.. Our minds were realing!! What then? He left the room and came back shortly.. We were asking ourselves "what now"?
At that time he suggested M.S. He then asked, "How long until you will have insurance?" We knew that we would be covered soon and I had been talking to the HR department for some time trying to get a dfinate date. I had come up with nothing in stone... This part-time job God had provided required only 32hrs a month for so many months to recieve insurance..... We rescheduled an appointment for a few weeks later and he would then use the words "M.S.",, but,,
only after we had for certain received insurance... August 1, 2006, were covered. August 13, I had my first MRI.. It was M.S.
Our world was flipped upside down... God has had nothing but perfect timing on this whole path and He has shown His hand in all that we have been through..
We know that God will protect us and guide us though everything... And as a wise man had told me throughout those tough times "God's grace is sufficient.." We haven't made it to the point of rejoicing through tribulation, but we sure rejoice after God shows his hand in all things.. I hope God can use us to build beleivers faith, and to show non-beleivers, so clearly, the evidence of God.
2 Corinthians 12:9
And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.
My beautiful family,, at perfect peace!! ha ha ha..

7 comments:
It has been awesome to see God work...I love seeing all of the changes with everyone - can't wait to see what is next for us!
WoW! Everyone has blogs!
This is so cool. I love hearing about how everything was timed so perfectly. UPS was perfect timing for us too, on a MUCH SMALLER scale, but perfect nonetheless.
I just love you guys!
Hey newbie...glad you joined us. However, I'm sad to see you don't regard me as a friend. I ALREADY have you linked over at my place...
Sorry, wanted to add that I love the pic on your banner. I've never seen it before.
Welcome young one, the verse you used was about Paul's "thorn" in his side that God used to keep him humbly relying on Him for everything...seems God has chosed the same path for you...we would all be much better off with a thorn in our side.
If I learn Grace and Love, do you want to do it after communion next week?
Used to be smiley???
how come i am "used to be smiley's twin" and terah is "smiley's" wife? i don't like bn a "used to be"
oh ya, and if our family ever goes on trips together, I'll put you on my blog = )
Post a Comment