Well, I have had allot of them and it is hard to pick out just one,.. I blame the M.S. for all of my stupidness.. : ) You all just wish that you had something to blame!! HA!!
I was at work at Connect Technologies when my Friend who was also my boss, Ben Curto came out of his office to chat. We had big plans to put a theater room in the back office so I was working in the shop doing some of the tearing apart. I really don't have allot of experience in actual construction which is weird cause I spent a good 8 years of my life on construction sights.. I guess that electricians just have it good, we show up after the walls and the roof are up... So, here I was doing some demo work when Ben enters. I had a circular saw and a sawzal workin hard.. Ben started chatting, I chatted back, and the conversation had me completely engrossed. (it had to have been something about the latest cool electronics, I don't remember) To tell you the truth I probably just block as much of this memory as I can. The conversation was coming to a close so I turned back to my work as we were saying our closing thoughts,. I started up my six foot ladder that was leaning against the wall, circular saw in hand.. After my last couple of words while on the fourth step of the ladder I started to cut the 2by4 in front of me.. Suddenly I found myself falling off of the ladder, saw in hand!! Well, it turns out that my ladder was propped up against the exact board that I was so diligently working to take down.... Ya, I took it down alright, I guess that my weight along with the action of cutting was just enough to make a single 2by4 tumble. I made Ben promise not to tell anyone and I think he has done pretty well at keeping that promise... Every once in a while a conversation will come up about embarrassing moments and Ben will get that look in his eyes like he would want so bad to tell on me.. I can't imagine what that must have looked like, I can only envision some dumb comedy movie or somthing...
There you have it, the dumbest thing I have ever done.. No really it is... Don't argue, IT IS!!!
Well there was this other time,,,, NOOOO,,,, not really,, this is the dumbest...
expecting baby: week thirteen
10 years ago
6 comments:
I'm NOT laughing...really.
I think the dumbest thing you've ever done was moon A.J. without looking behind you first...
But that's just because I was victim of your very untanned derriere. =)
Ew! Ew ew ew ew. I'm reblocking that memory.
That was probably dumb, but not embarrassing. Remember that time I was working on the door hinge at work while the cylinder was under pressure? That was dumb! I'm just lucky I still have an eyeball.
Or more than one eyeball anyway!
Your stories of work and stupid stuff reminds me of a guy I know that nearly killed himself at least twice - for things that he immediately said, "DUH! That was dumb!" There was the load of cinder block that nearly fell on him when the tire blew; and then that loaded logging truck that fell off of the jacks - oh yeah with all the axles off the ground! THAT, my friend was D-U-M-B!
Yeah, he remembers those things and some others to this day... (But you wouldn't know him.) :)
Well, you might. OK - You do.
I'm such a bad liar.
Ya, the saw was still running as I was falling through the air,,,
Post a Comment